ASE Services offers the knowledge and experience to help you navigate the remediation procedure once we’ve detected health hazards. The abatement and remediation process can be daunting, but we can assume the responsibility of getting your spaces back up to code. ASE Services can help you with the comprehensive action plan related to these hazardous materials initiatives and make it all a turnkey program for you to implement.
Hazardous materials management is the process of identifying, handling and disposing of hazardous materials in a safe and compliant manner. Hazardous materials can include both harmful chemicals and dangerous physical objects and can pose a severe threat to public health and safety if not properly managed. An effective hazardous materials management program will consider all aspects of the hazards posed by the materials, from initial assessment through final disposal.
Some of the key elements of an effective hazardous materials management program include:
– assessing the risks posed by the hazardous materials;
– selecting appropriate storage, handling and disposal methods;
– implementing procedures to ensure compliance with regulations;
– training employees in proper handling and disposal procedures; and
– maintaining records.
Our project management service deals with an immediate hazard in the workplace. Hazardous materials management offered by ASE falls mostly under industrial hygiene assessments and worker certification courses.
The Code of Practice & Management Plan includes the following items:
– Labeling the affected building materials to alert residents or employees to hazardous pollutants in the area.
– Creating training plans for people responsible for managing and maintaining exposure control in such areas.
– Establishing protocols for communication for potential maintenance or repair-worthy incidents.
– In the case of an occurrence that requires reporting, documenting the requirements and processes for doing so.
A documented Scope of Work includes the following:
– Controlling the remission of the hazard using safe work practices
– Drawings of the site
– Photographs of the affected area(s)
If you want different contractors to compete on the abatement element of your project, we can include a thorough Scope of Work in your bidding package.