We offer a fun and supportive work environment and focus on training our employees in a variety of different aspects of environmental consulting within our industry.
ENVIRONMENTAL SAFETY CONSULTANT – CALGARY AND EDMONTON
As a core member of our safety team, the Environmental Safety Consultant provides the necessary guidance to ensure that work areas are safe for workers and the public. Your main tasks will include providing air monitoring and inspections during renovation and demolition projects involving hazardous materials, such as asbestos, mould, lead, etc. You will also have a great opportunity to gain experience in different types of safety related assessments. The successful candidate will work within several industries in Calgary and throughout Alberta, coordinating on projects with a variety of stakeholders.
- Conduct air monitoring and inspections during hazardous material remediation projects to ensure air levels remain safe for workers and the public;
- Collect samples of building materials that have the potential to contain hazardous materials, such as asbestos, mould, lead, etc;
- Perform environmental assessments, such as hazardous materials, indoor air quality, LEED, etc;
- Analyze air samples to determine whether they are below the legislated Occupational Exposure Limit;
- Create accurate and detailed letters and reports containing sample results, findings, and recommendations for each client; and
- Communicate effectively with contractors, clients, co-workers, and management
Qualifications and Required Skills:
- College Diploma or University Degree in a science related discipline
- Strong ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Proven report writing experience
- Excellent time management, multi-tasking, and problem solving skills
- Eagerness to learn and to take on new challenges
- Proven track record of ability to be accountable and responsible
- Reliable vehicle, valid drivers’ license, and clean drivers abstract
We pay mileage and work-related expenses, including per diem, and we allow you to bank your overtime. Evening, weekend work and travel will be required.
Please forward your cover letter and resume to Tara Viccars, Principal – firstname.lastname@example.org.